hi i had my gall bladder removed two weeks ago via keyhole and my stomach is still swollen and hard. is this normal? the incisions have mostly healed apart from my belly button which is still really sore, especially to touch

2 doctor answers
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Surgery: This should resolve within 2 weeks or so.
Answered on Oct 14, 2015
Dr. Edward Seegers
Cholecystectomy?: ShontelleR242 ~ you had a lap chole and that involves 2 small incisions in abdomen to insert scopes and the abdominal cavity gets distended with air to push the other organs away for op site. That can give distension after the op. If not severe and no other symptoms, you're ok. The belly button is expected till healed ~ 6 weeks. Any change see MD thanks
Answered on Oct 14, 2015
2
2 comments
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
28 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
I agree. The gas/air placed in your abdominal cavity should be well absorbed by now. Time to see your surgeon.
Oct 14, 2015
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
two weeks is too long see your surgeon
Oct 13, 2015