New Zealand

Hi i had my gall bladder removed two weeks ago via keyhole and my stomach is still swollen and hard. is this normal? the incisions have mostly healed apart from my belly button which is still really sore, especially to touch

Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Surgery: This should resolve within 2 weeks or so.
Dr. Edward Seegers
Cholecystectomy?: ShontelleR242 ~ you had a lap chole and that involves 2 small incisions in abdomen to insert scopes and the abdominal cavity gets distended with air to push the other organs away for op site. That can give distension after the op. If not severe and no other symptoms, you're ok. The belly button is expected till healed ~ 6 weeks. Any change see MD thanks
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
two weeks is too long see your surgeon
Oct 13, 2015
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
I agree. The gas/air placed in your abdominal cavity should be well absorbed by now. Time to see your surgeon.
Oct 14, 2015

Last updated Oct 14, 2015