how can i alleviate pain at the dentist if i am pregnant?

Dr. Christopher Sizemore
Dentist + pregnancy: The local anesthetic injections typically used for routine dental procedures are safe in pregnancy. Poor dental hygiene, cavities and other oral infections have been linked to obstetrical complications. Therefore, it is very important to visit the dentist regularly and do not delay any necessary procedures. Discuss any concerns with your ob.
Dr. Kyle Shank
Dentistry 13 years experience
During or after?: Pain during the visit should be prevented with the use of local anesthetics. During cleanings, this often isn't possible, so good oral hygiene between visits will keep the gum tissue healthy so it will not be as tender when you go in for your cleanings. If we're talking about post-op pain, tylenol (acetaminophen) should be safe for your baby, but avoid nsaids like Ibuprofen and aleve.
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry 58 years experience
THE DOC KNOWS: There are many topical and injectable drugs that are safe if you are pregnant.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Local Anesthetic: A local anesthetic without epinephrine should be just fine for for both you and your baby. Discuss your concerns with your dentist.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
FYI,: dental care and dental anesthesia is safe and essential during pregnancy. Pregnancy is not a reason to defer routine dental care or treatment.
Dr. Kevin Sambuchino
Dentistry 21 years experience
Talk to your OB: Most doctors only recommend regular strength tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain. This may not help much, so the best thing is to have all your dental work completed asap, so you have limited pain.