i have a 5mm stone that is stuck in the ureter, just outside the bladder. it has caused mild hydronephrosis and hydro-ureter. i have no pain at all, just a slight "awareness" in my lower back. 3 questions. 1. how swiftly must this be addressed" days?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
38 years experience Pain Management
Stone: I would suggest you see a urologist as soon as possible. Any hydronephrosis is not good - it may lead to infection, kidney dysfunction. Size of stone is immaterial - its the effects it is causing that matters.
Answered on Mar 20, 2013
1
4
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Please see my response to Dr. Marx's answer. Likewise infection is presently of little concern unless you have a UTI, in which case immediate intervention would be necessary.
Feb 20, 2013