A member asked:

My sgpt is 123 and my sgot is 79 is this serious . my doctor advised me to stop drinking for a month . is it ok to limit the amount of alcohol in moderation? i meancut way back

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Could be dangerous: You should follow your doctor's advise and stop the drinking , continued drinking will probably damage your liver more.

Answered 4/17/2013



Stop!!!!: If you are being poisoned, would you advise taking less poison or stopping poison altogether? Your liver is inflamed, and the pattern of inflammation is suggestive of alcohol. These numbers are not alarming, but if liver cells continue to be inflamed, over time it can lead to scarring and cirrhosis. The fact that you still want to drink indicates a problem to me. Talk to your doctor&a counselor.

Answered 5/19/2016



Related Questions