FL

21 male took blood test and came back with alt (sgpt) 262 , ast (sgot) 357. i do not drink a lot of alcohol but i was drinking a lot of protein shakes?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Need more tests: Neither protein shakes or alcohol will increase liver enzymes so much. Enzymes that are that high usually signify hepatitis, which may be Hepatitis A, B, C or caused by a different virus such as EBV. There are also other possible causes. Please follow-up with the doctor who ordered this test to ask what other tests should be done to determine the cause.