i looked at past 10 years and my egfr has never been 90 or over right now it is actually its highest at 80 even though i have low c3c so ckd all life?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Estimated GFR: The egfr is just that... An estimation. And while the approx range for women is about 120, that number varies a lot based on age, body size, muscle mass, ethnicity. So while the strict classification would put you in CKD range, the question to ask your doctor is if that number is clinically relevant for you or is this your "baseline" - a nephorologist along with your primary could help clarify.
Answered on Apr 8, 2019
1
49 years experience Pathology
Nephrologist: It would be prudent to consult a nephrologist to ascertain if you have kidney disease or some other explanation of the drop in eGFR.
Answered on Apr 9, 2019