I have an overbite, and crowded teeth. would invisalign be a good option for me?

17 doctors weighed in across 7 answers
Dr. Gary Lederman answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Yes: Invisalign can be used in expansion. And crowding cases, and the teeth can be slightly narrowed if more spaces is needed. It can also be used to correct over bites . Your particular case needs to be properly, evaluated.

Answered 7/31/2012

5.7k views

Dr. Stanley Siu answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

Certainly...: Invisalign effectively corrects a wide range of dental problems such as mild cases of crooked teeth, protruding teeth to more complicated dental problems like underbite, overbite & other malocclusion issues. Invisalign can also treat the following: gapped teeth, crossbite, open bite, & overly crowded teeth. To make sure if invisalign is an option, check w/ your dentist or orthodontist.

Answered 6/12/2015

5.7k views

Dr. Shawn Murray answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Invisalign: Most things that can be fixed with braces can be fixed with invisalign. However, each individual has a unique situation and so you should visit with an orthodontist to discuss your options. Just because you can hammer a nail with pliers doesn't always make that the most effective tool. Be sure to consult with someone who does a lot of invisalign.

Answered 4/3/2017

5.7k views

Dr. Sal Aragona answered

Specializes in Dentistry

It is effective: Most conditions that require orthodontic treatment can be accomplished with invisalign. The length of treatment depends on the complexity of what needs to be done. Not all dentists or orthodontists are comfortable with this mode of care so seek one who is experienced and skilled in this area.

Answered 12/9/2013

5.5k views

Dr. S. jay Bowman answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Orthodontics

Probably: The only way to determine if clear aligner treatments are appropriate for your individual situation is to make an appointment for an evaluation with an orthodontic specialist.

Answered 12/10/2013

5.3k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Probably not: The more complex the problem, the less it's an invisalign case. See an orthodontic specialist (nota gp) for examination and "triage." orthodontist can asses complexity of malocclusion and suggest the best rx.

Answered 5/9/2013

5.1k views

Dr. Hilary Baskin answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Maybe: depends on how severe your case is. I would see an orthodontist for a consultation to know for sure

Answered 7/7/2014

3.9k views