I would like to get braces or invisalign for an overbite. i have a cap on one of my front teeth covering a chipped tooth. can i still get braces?

8 doctors weighed in across 5 answers

Absolutely: Porcelain bonding system have steadily improved over the years and this today is not a problem.

Answered 1/1/2014

4.6k views

Braces and crowns: Absolutely you can. If you get braces the doctor treating you may need to use special glue to the brace to adhere to the crown. With invisalign nothing special will need to be added.

Answered 2/27/2017

4.6k views

Absolutely: Both braces and invisalign can be used in orthodontic cases involving crowned (capped) teeth.

Answered 6/12/2014

4.6k views

Yes: It is possible, but your dentist or orthodontist may have to be reminded of the crowned tooth.

Answered 2/1/2014

4.5k views

Yes: a crowned tooth creates some technical problems, but they can be overcome. Please note: 1) Braces are the gold standard, more than twice as effective as clear aligners, & 2) Orthodontists do Rx in less time and get better results than GPs, so see a specialist.

Answered 4/29/2015

3.4k views