dental implants - what can it mean for the periodontist says that the site looks solid?

Dr. Michael Skidmore
Dentistry 14 years experience
Enough bone: If a periodontist says the site looks solid, i would interpret that to mean that there is solid bone or enough bone for the implant. There has to be a certain height and width of bone present for the implant.
Dr. Theodore Ritota
Dentistry 9 years experience
Good prognosis: Probably means the site is good and ready to recieve the implant. If the implant is already in place probably means all is well and there is no movement of the implant which is what we strive to achieve.
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 33 years experience
CT Scan?: In our practice we usually use a ct scan to look at the bone density. Although it adds a little to the cost, it can prevent things like failing implants and sinus perforations. Taking the extra time to have a ct scan could be a great solution. This extra diagnostic test allows actual measurement of the bone.
Dr. Scott Frank
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 34 years experience
Well healed: An implant that is solid is osseiintegrated which means it is healed within the jawbone. This is the goal and outcome that allows the implant to successfully anchor a crown, bridge or denture.
Dr. Robert Tupac
Specializes in Prosthodontics
That's good!: Dental implants generally have a better success rate in denser bone.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Good bone: Probably referring to the appearance of the bone where the implant is to be placed. Good density, shape and size, and good available length with healthy tissue at the surface are all things that we look for when evaluating the area for implant placement.