A member asked:

Dental implant. what type of dentists should i see (prosthodontist or periodontist), what to do?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Louis Gallia answered

Specializes in Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

Depents on the expertise of the doc. Both periodontists, oral surgeons, and occasionallly general dentists or prosthodontids do implants.

Answered Feb 18, 2019



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

There are 5 different types of dentists that do dental implants: Prosthodontist, Oral Surgeons, Periodontists, Endodontists and General dentists. Make sure that a dental implant dentist has the education, training, skills, experience and competence in implant dentistry.

Answered Dec 7, 2018



Related Questions

A member asked:

Can an implant be done by a general dentist or a periodontist?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor