FL

if a sinus augmentation is advised in preparation for a dental implant, is it a simple enough procedure for an average periodontist?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Depends: Depends on experience of surgeon. Many periodontists do this operation routinely.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Sinus Lift: The skill, experience, parameters of the specific patient and confidence of the dentist or dental specialist determines if they feel they can successfully perform the procedure. All sinus lifts are not the same, and each practitioner is different. Generally speaking for most augmentation procedures and periodontists, the answer is yes.