dangerous to get liposuction? tummy tucks (witch hazel)? what's the difference?

Dr. Suman Das
Plastic Surgery 54 years experience
No.: In liposuction one sucka out excess fat through very small incisions.In tummy tuck one removes excess skin and fat through larger incisions.Tummy tuck is lot more invasive.
Dr. Greg Sexton
Plastic Surgery 39 years experience
Serious: Liposuction and abdominoplasties are not necessarily dangerous, but they are serious operations. Liposuction removes fat from under the skin, but does not remove extra loose, hanging skin. Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck, removes fat, removes extra skin, and tightens the abdominal muscles.
Dr. John Di Saia
Plastic Surgery 31 years experience
Safety= Surgeon: The safety of liposuction or a tummy tuck has to do with the surgeon carefully selecting the patient and performing the surgery. Not every patient is appropriate for either of these operations. Performed in the proper candidate by the experienced surgeon, they are relatively safe. I say "relatively" as they both represent surgery.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Very Different: Best to be seen in consultation to determine which of these operations, if any, you may be a good candidate for. Each operation is quite different when it comes to indications, “invasiveness”, scarring, potential results, as well as a potential risk/complications associated with the procedures. Do your homework and be very careful with selection of plastic surgeon.