do tummy tucks (witch hazel) have to be costly?

Dr. Hashim Alani
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Costly: Depend on what you think is costly. Depends also on the benefit you get from the surgery.
Dr. Jason Lichten
Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
Don't price shop: In my practice outside of columbus, ohio, tummy tuck costs about $6000. I would caution you against price shopping for any surgery as you may end up with someone who is not properly trained in plastic surgery. Make sure your surgeon is board certified in plastic surgery first.
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
It's relative: The cost is the combination of hospital or facility fee for staff and equipment used, anesthesia fee and surgeon's fee for his or her time, skills and expertise. You certainly do not want to cut cost by doing your tummy tuck on a little surgery center, non accredited, it the middle of nowhere, by a non board certified plastic surgeon, just because they will do it cheaper. It's your body.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Varies...: Cost of surgery will vary from one practice to another and from one region to another. Much will depend on exactly what operation is being performed. Select your plastic surgeon based on quality/safety of work, not financial considerations primarily.