do tummy tucks (witch hazel) hurt? is it worth it to remove my stretch marks?

Dr. Gary Tuma
Plastic Surgery 25 years experience
Abdominoplasty: Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is a great operation for the right candidate to address the abdomen. It removes excess skin and fat in that region and creates better contour of the abdomen. All surgical interventions have pain associated but it is controlled with medications. You should see a board certified palstic surgeon to go over teh details.
Dr. Jeremy White
Plastic Surgery 16 years experience
Depends: Tummy tucks (witch hazel) can feel tight for a while and can hurt, just as with any other surgery. I often use special catheters after surgery that give extra local anesthesia to the abdominal wall postoperatively and help with the pain. Whether or not it is "worth it" is a personal decision, since you have to weigh the risks of surgery with the benefits. Most patients are quite happy after getting this done!
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
Yes: Tummy tuck hurts for a few days and it is variable from patient to patient. Now if not having stretch marks is worth the post operative pain , is your personal choice and decision.
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Plastic Surgery 20 years experience
Post-op pain: A tummy tuck is the only current way of removing abdominal stretch marks, and it is very effective. Post-op pain is unavoidable, but pain medications and a pain pump can be used to manage it better.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Yes: Postoperative tummy tuck discomfort varies from one patient to another. Generally speaking, the operation can be quite uncomfortable for several days. This is related to the re-approximation of the abdominal wall muscles that may have spread with pregnancies and/or weight gain/loss. It remains the best abdominal wall contouring operation for many patients with stretch marks.