U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

do tummy tucks (witch hazel) hurt? is it worth it to remove my stretch marks?

5 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gary Tuma
Plastic Surgery 25 years experience
Abdominoplasty: Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is a great operation for the right candidate to address the abdomen. It removes excess skin and fat in that region and creates better contour of the abdomen. All surgical interventions have pain associated but it is controlled with medications. You should see a board certified palstic surgeon to go over teh details.
Dr. Jeremy White
Plastic Surgery 16 years experience
Depends: Tummy tucks (witch hazel) can feel tight for a while and can hurt, just as with any other surgery. I often use special catheters after surgery that give extra local anesthesia to the abdominal wall postoperatively and help with the pain. Whether or not it is "worth it" is a personal decision, since you have to weigh the risks of surgery with the benefits. Most patients are quite happy after getting this done!
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
Yes: Tummy tuck hurts for a few days and it is variable from patient to patient. Now if not having stretch marks is worth the post operative pain , is your personal choice and decision.
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Plastic Surgery 20 years experience
Post-op pain: A tummy tuck is the only current way of removing abdominal stretch marks, and it is very effective. Post-op pain is unavoidable, but pain medications and a pain pump can be used to manage it better.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Yes: Postoperative tummy tuck discomfort varies from one patient to another. Generally speaking, the operation can be quite uncomfortable for several days. This is related to the re-approximation of the abdominal wall muscles that may have spread with pregnancies and/or weight gain/loss. It remains the best abdominal wall contouring operation for many patients with stretch marks.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 40-year-old member asked:

Could myoma cause leg and hip pain?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Galyon
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Possibly: They are of two types. The leiomyoma occurs in the skin or gut but the common form is the uterine fibroid. Rhabdomyomas are rare tumors of muscles, they occur in childhood and often become malignant assuming this is a uterine fibroid, if it were in the proper anatomic location it could cause vascular compromise, nerve compression, pelvic cramping or even a referred pain pattern.
A 30-year-old member asked:

What liver function tests are needed if I had hepatitis a years ago?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 57 years experience
None needed: If you had hepatitis years ago, you do not need any testing of liver function tests.
A 22-year-old female asked:

Im 22, i've been having pain on the right side of my head cause's me to not be able to taste , and some memory loss?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychiatry 32 years experience
Pain: Not sure if u had head trauma before, headaches or what medications you take. Best to consult a neurologist for workup.
San Jose, CA
A 33-year-old female asked:

My breast leak milk with a little bit of squeeze, I have a little sharp pains on the right side of my low abdominal area

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Adam Newman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 29 years experience
May be normal but: You need to get checked by your doctor. There are lots of possible causes for galactorrhea (leaving milky fluid) and most are easy to deal with. Bottom line - go get a checkup! good luck.
Palo Alto, CA
A 44-year-old male asked:

My right ankle is a little pain after running for 30 minutes. Should I stop running for a while?

4 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine 18 years experience
Maybe...: We suggest rest, ice, elevation, compression and NSAID of choice. You don't necessarily have to stop, but you may need to back off some. If it worsens, you may have to stop and get it checked out.

Related questions

A 45-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
5 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Sep 28, 2016

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.