how many tummy tucks (witch hazel) can a woman have?

Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Plastic Surgery 22 years experience
Many: You can have revisional tummy tucks (witch hazel). But if it didnt go right the first two times why get another. There is a point of diminishing returns.
Dr. Jason Lichten
Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
Why more than one?: I hate to answer your question with a question, but why would you need more than one? Most of the time i recommend that my patients are done having children before having a tummy tuck. In that case, one should be sufficient. If a patient has lost large amounts of weight (such as after a gastric bypass) they may need more than one operation to deal with the excess skin.
Dr. John Di Saia
Plastic Surgery 31 years experience
First is best: Ideally there should only be one tummy tuck after a woman has completed childbearing. Minor revisions or extensions are occasionally helpful, but a repeat tummy tuck is not usually beneficial.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Hopefully One: Tummy tuck surgery can be repeated if necessary. However, best to plan the tummy tuck correctly, in relation to life circumstances such as pregnancies and/or weight gain/loss. In other words, best to undergo tummy tuck surgery once when pregnancies have been completed and patients have achieved a long-term stable weight.
Dr. Vincent Marin
Plastic Surgery 12 years experience
Tummy tuck: Ideally a patient should have one tummy tuck, but it is possible to repeat this procedure if a patient does go on to get pregnant again. The ability to contour the abdomen may be affected by the previous surgery as well as scar location. We normally recommend patients to be done with pregnancy prior to undergoing an abdominoplasty.
Dr. Joseph Mele
Plastic Surgery 32 years experience
Ideally, one tummy tuck is all that is needed. Revision tummy tucks are done when pregnancy or large weight gain and loss occur, or when there are problems with the original surgery. Finding and experienced and board certified plastic surgeon can reduce the risk of the later.