I have severe crowning in my teeth and one of my teeth is pushed up toward the top of my mouth. could invisalign treat that?

15 doctors weighed in across 8 answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Ortho Consult: Your best bet is to consult with an orthodontist who can examine you. Invisalign can correct many malocclusions, but it cannot duplicate the control and movements that are attainable with traditional brackets and wires.

Answered 3/4/2015

3.4k views

Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Ortho consultation: See an Orthodontist to evaluate your treatment options. Also see your General Dentist who can recommend a good Orthodontist in your area.

Answered 3/22/2020

3.3k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Impossible: it is impossible to diagnose your malocclusion in this venue. See a qualified Orthodontic Specialist for an initial examination (free or modest cost) for a knowledgeable answer. Know, however, that clear aligners don't work as well as braces.

Answered 4/29/2015

3.3k views

Dr. Harry Aronowitz answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Probably not: Invisalign is recommended for mild to moderate crowding. to find out if your crowding is too severe you should be examined by a dentist that is an expert at treating patients with Invisalign.

Answered 4/25/2015

3.2k views

Dr. John Thaler answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Not likely: See the Orthodontist for a complete evaluation. The situation you describe indicates that you may need special help getting that one tooth ready for repositioning. Good Luck.

Answered 2/17/2015

3.2k views

Dr. Stuart Hoffman answered

Specializes in

All Depends: No orthodontist can answer this question w/o seeing you for a physical consultation or at least viewing a complete set of comprehensive orthodontic records on you. Clear aligners are not the "end all 'for all orthodontic malocclusions. Fixed braces may be a better alternative, again, depending on exactly what your complete problem may be.

Answered 6/10/2017

3k views

Dr. Ronald Hsu answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

Depends...: Invisalign can be a great choice for many cases but they don't work well in some instances depending on the severity of your malocclusion (bad bite, crowding). The only way to know for sure if Invisalign would work well for you or not is to see a qualified professional.

Answered 12/5/2015

1.9k views

Dr. Justin Nelson answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

Maybe: I say maybe but very slim because invisalign is for mild cases in my book.....for what you describe I feel that you would be better served with conventional orthodontics. You will get a more predictable and a better result = a happier you;)

Answered 2/24/2016

1.6k views