A member asked:

Are there ways to correct high palate and narrow jaw without surgery?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Gary Lederman answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Can't agree: There may be ways to widen and expand the arches non-surgically. Find someone trained in neuromuscular orthodontics and functional orthodontics.

Answered 1/4/2018



Depends on age: If this is a concern for one of your children, then yes. Routine palatal expansion (if needed) can be done quite easily. If you are an adult, it depends on the amount of expansion that you may need, as there are limitations to what can be done non-surgically and still not cause harm to other structures in the mouth. Speak to an orthodontist in order to have the proper evaluation.

Answered 9/24/2016



Related Questions

A member asked:

How does maxillofacial surgery correct jaw and facial deformities?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

A member asked:

How much does an overbite jaw correcting surgery cost?

13 doctors weighed in across 5 answers