What is the recovery for endoscopic sinus surgery and septoplasty like?

11 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Bernstein Joel answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

About 2 to 3 weeks: Endoscopic sinus surgery associated with a septoplasty takes about 2 to 3 weeks to heal. The healing process is dependent on the extent of the pathology in your sinuses and the extent of the surgical procedure. Your sinus surgeon will have the answers to your questions.

Answered 4/2/2014

5.8k views

Dr. Alen Cohen answered

Specializes in ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

Variable: Usually the days you are packed are rough because only breathing by mouth. I only pack one night so i try to minimize discomfort for my patients. Once packs are out just a bit swollen and raw in your nose and esp. At the tip. Moisture is important during that time. With my minimally invasive techniques, patients are surprised as to how quickly they recover. More details at www.Socalsinus.Com.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.7k views

Dr. Houtan Chaboki answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

Days/weeks: Septoplasty, surgery for a deviated septum, and endoscopic sinus surgery can help improve nasal breathing, congestion, or snoring for appropriate patients. The initial healing is relatively quick, with patients commonly back to work within a few days. Patients are still healing after this period, but have more or less returned to daily function.

Answered 10/23/2017

5.5k views