Canada

I have a fracture in my ankle and i have a cast around my feet! but near my toes their are two bruises. is their anything to worry about?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
It's not uncommon: To have such discoloration or bruising. Just make sure the capillary return to the toes is normal by pressing the toes they should Blanche or turn white and then red after you let go as the blood returns to them. Also, look for signs of pain to calf or numbness or tingling of feet.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery 42 years experience
Generally not.: It could be discoloration from the bleeding under the skin. Check with your doctor, just to be sure.

Last updated May 19, 2015