United Kingdom

I have continued to fracture my ankle i've had over 10 casts on that 1 foot and now i feel that ankle is so weak and i can't walk far what can i do?

Dr. Craig Miller
26 years experience
Brace and rehab/PT: This is unusual. You should definitely wear some sort of support whenever you are up and about and also rehabilitate the muscles in your leg, ankle and foot either with a home exercise program or supervised physical therapy, or both!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Marshall Solomon
Podiatry 49 years experience
Your need to see a: You need to see a foot and ankle specialists. If your have recurrent ankle sprains and fractures you need to be evaluated for either or both foot ankle bracing or surgery to stabilize the ankle.
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
39 years experience
Discuss : With foot and ankle specialist. There is something going on to have 10 casts. May need bone scan and possible fusion.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
Fracture: As the other docs said this is unusual and calls for evaluation, x rays , MRI , bracing , pt etc. Then you will get to the bottom of this. Good luck and be persistent.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014