I have continued to fracture my ankle i've had over 10 casts on that 1 foot and now i feel that ankle is so weak and i can't walk far what can i do?

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Brace and rehab/PT: This is unusual. You should definitely wear some sort of support whenever you are up and about and also rehabilitate the muscles in your leg, ankle and foot either with a home exercise program or supervised physical therapy, or both!

Answered 2/26/2014

4.9k views

Dr. Marshall Solomon answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Your need to see a: You need to see a foot and ankle specialists. If your have recurrent ankle sprains and fractures you need to be evaluated for either or both foot ankle bracing or surgery to stabilize the ankle.

Answered 9/10/2013

4.9k views

Discuss : With foot and ankle specialist. There is something going on to have 10 casts. May need bone scan and possible fusion.

Answered 9/10/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Thomas Inwood answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Fracture: As the other docs said this is unusual and calls for evaluation, x rays , MRI , bracing , pt etc. Then you will get to the bottom of this. Good luck and be persistent.

Answered 6/10/2014

4.9k views