U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old member asked:

I have an avulsion fracture in the middle top of my foot. my foot and ankle are also sprained. does this require a cast?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
No: But you probably need a cam walking boot to immobilize the area. Best to see your podiatrist.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
Cast: Not necessarily. See your podiatrist - he/she will give you the best advise based on the physical evaluation and x rays / MRI . Good luck.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle commented
Orthopedic Surgery 55 years experience
beware of a Lisfrank fracture.
Sep 10, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.