PA

I am casted for a ankle sprain/and two minor fibula fractures. my foot isn't sore, so does that mean i can play sports as soon as my cast is gone?

Dr. David Secord
Podiatry 26 years experience
Post injury rehab: Just as important as the treatment or surgery is the rehab of the extremity. The isolation of the part will weaken the muscles and hurt your balance. Several weeks to months of physical therapy often done to help bring you back to normal, and, even then, you'll have to ease back into the sport or activity or risk reinjury of the area(s).

Last updated Jun 20, 2018