i received my mammogram results which found scattered fibro granular density of 30-50% should i be concerned?

Dr. Brian Nguyen
Normal: your breasts are composed of a collection of glands that are supported by fibers, and so this finding is not concerning. Depending on your cycle your breast tissue becomes more prominent and this was likely what was captured. As long as there are no calcifications, I would be reassured.
Dr. Devon Webster
Medical Oncology 22 years experience
Nope!: "Scattered fibrogranular density of 30-50%" is a fancy way of saying that about 1/2 your breast is composed of fat and the other 1/2 is composed of breast ducts and glands. As we age, our breasts get less dense. They turn into mostly fat, and the "fibroglandular" parts disappear. I would guess you're somewhere in the 40 to 60 age range? Anyway, it's nothing to worry about! Be well!
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
NO but: you should see your doctor regularly , get annual mammography ( in spite of controversy is the best monitoring tool along with self examination ) Your condition currently is benign condition
Dr. Ajay Acharya
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Depends on your age and pregnancy hx and, family hx of breast related issues....
Nov 6, 2014