3 1/2 months since i grazed my face on asphalt. still a brown/red mark but is it road rash? will vitamin e scar serum/bio oil help and make it go?

Dr. Julie Abbott
44 years experience Preventive Medicine
Healing abrasion: It seems like 3.5 months is a long time for these marks to persist, but that time frame is very common. Road rash is used to generally describe any abrasion that results from a sports injury, usually from bicycle/motorcycle riding. There are individual reports that vitamin E serum/bio oil may help with scarring, but it is not universally endorsed. It will gradually fade.Did you get tetanus updated
Answered on Mar 31, 2015
1