ny
A male asked:

I've read good reviews about olive oil helping acne scars and redness on the face, and i want to use it but im not sure if i should?do you recommend?

Pathology 46 years experience
Try it: It may relieve the redness like many other things can, and will probably only hide the scars during the time it's in place -- it is shiny and make them harder to see. I'm really sorry you weren't properly treated for acne in the first place -- any physician has the means to clear it or refer severe cases to those who can. A dermatologist can use filler or other rx to make the scars less visible.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 46 years experience
Provided original answer
By the way -- You must have noticed that several well-known Hollywood male stars have kept (and perhaps even cultivated) their acne scars for the "tough guy" look. Remember this as you think about your experience and choices.
Aug 10, 2013
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 36 years experience
Myth but use if help: Many of my patients swear by the benefits of olive or bio-oil and so i generally don't dissuade them but there is very little science to support its use. It is probably the massage, (which we know helps scars) that is used to apply the oil, which is actually providing the improvements observed. Massage with any clean oil 3-4 times a day. Silicon gel trips are morel likely to improve the scar.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 59 years experience
Too much: Treat the acne and the scars will become progressively less evident. Don't expect much from olive oil, silicone, or massage. Absorica is a more expensive way to take isotretinoin. You are at a very low dose. Presumably your derm plans to increase it to 80mg. You will want to stop the doxycycline and Retin A soon. Assuming you are just beginning Absorica, in a few months you will be much better.