North Adams, MA

I can't smell and taste. my taste comes back for a second and then goes away again. i have sinus pressure but not clogged sinuses. possible causes?

Dr. Nicholas Mexas
Sinus issues: Some of the more common causes of loss of taste and smell are tobacco use, pollutants, the common cold or chronic sinus problems, allergies, medications like antibiotics and blood pressure medicines, tooth and gum diseases. In your case it's most likely due to your sinuses issues. None of the meds you're taking are known for doing it. Your primary care doc can help you with this
Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Sinusitis: It appears you may have sinusitis. Get it evaluated and treated
Last updated Jan 16, 2016