U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Castle Rock, CO
A 16-year-old female asked:

I have this red bump on my mons pubis, it showed up a few days ago and i'm freaking out. it looks like a large pimple. ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tanya Russo
Pediatrics 27 years experience
Ingrown hair: Ingrown hairs are common in the pubic area, created by shaving or the friction from underwear. They can appear as pimple like bumps. Applying warm compresses and washing twice daily with a warm soapy washcloth should help the site drain and heal faster. See your doctor if symptoms do not improve with these measures.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 17, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.