if the gum on a child breaks off from trauma!it is on the front tooth will it grow back. he is 7 years old?

5 doctor answers
Dr. Julan Crane
24 years experience Pediatrics
Oral trauma: I would suggest you have him follow up with his dentist to be sure the teeth are ok after an oral injury. The dentist will be able to give you information on the extent of his injury. The gum can recover from quite a bit of damage and look normal again.
Answered on Aug 12, 2014
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience Dentistry
Trauma: At 7 years old, his permanent teeth are just coming in. Trauma to the gum tissue will most likely heal fine, but his dentist should examine his teeth to establish a baseline, since damage to the teeth done today may manifest itself a year or two from now. All the best....
Answered on Aug 12, 2014
Dr. Stephen Pyle
38 years experience Dentistry
Yes: Gingival tissue heals very well and you should expect it to grow back.
Answered on Feb 23, 2015
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
37 years experience Dentistry
See dentist ASAP: See your dentist immediately!! I would be more worried about the trauma to the developing teeth!! The dentist might want to check on the development of the teeth on a periodic basis with a clinical exam and radiograph.
Answered on Feb 24, 2015
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
See a pedodontist: a dentist who specializes in the care of children's teeth. Schedule an appointment for evaluation. x-rays and option treatment. Good luck.
Answered on Feb 25, 2015