U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

Can you please suggest treatment for gum abscess on 7 year old, immobile front tooth?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Shah Chowdhury
Pediatrics 43 years experience
GUM ABSCESS:: Make an appointment with the child's dentist without delay. May need drainage of pus and antibiotics.
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry 43 years experience
It depends: At this age the child can have either permanent or baby front teeth , if it is a baby tooth it could be on it's way out and in this case nature will take it course and the tooth will fall out, if it is a permanent tooth you need to treat it ; keep it. Make sure you take the child to a pediatric dentist who can give you the proper diagnosis and treatment. Good luck, dr mokbel, scdentalimplants.Com.
Last updated Jan 4, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.