my gums are receeding, i have trauma, front tooth grinding, my molars are shifting inwards, i have clenching and grindingteeth, soreness in mouth area, biting cheek, and trouble chewing. what should i do?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Kyle Shank
12 years experience Dentistry
See a dentist...: That's quite the litany of problems! not really a specific question though. I'd definitely see a dentist asap.
Answered on Dec 19, 2014
2
Dr. Abraham Jaskiel
21 years experience Dentistry
Problems: Thats a very loaded question. Can you be specific?
Answered on Jan 5, 2014
1
Dr. Bruce Pope
44 years experience Dentistry
Your Question?: And your question is? You are going to have to see a dentist to get a definitive diagnosis but you can get temporary relief from the grinding with a football mouth piece. The kind that you dip in hot water then custom fit to your mouth. It will work for several weeks. Wear when you grind. Usually at night. Buy in a sporting goods store.
Answered on Jan 5, 2014
3
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
44 years experience Dentistry
Major problems: The health of the TMJ can affect one's entire health and immune system. The teeth, muscles and the jaw joints function as a triad to insure proper chewing, speaking, and other movements that we take for granted, when you have chronic TMJ dysfunction (tmd) the symptoms can develop into headaches, facial and ear pain, and facial discomfort. You may need meds, pt or mouthpiece or all.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
2