i have this small lump on my leg. it's hard and feels almost like a little ball inside my skin. it doesn't hurt at all. just curious as what it is.

Dr. Susan Kallal
22 years experience Dermatology
Many benign tumors: There are many benign growths in the skin and under the skin. In general, if a lump has been there for many years and is not changing it is not dangerous. If a lump is growing it should be evaluated. Some common lumps and bumps that are benign are lipomas and benign cysts. If you have any concerns you can have it evaluated, and possibly removed and biopsied for confirmation.
Answered on Aug 18, 2018
5