U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

I have a small hard lump under my skin on my leg. almost like a blind pimple. slightly sensitive to touch. what is it? should i get it checked out?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Skin lump: This could be an ingrown hair, inclusion cyst, lipoma or early abscess, especially if there is associated redness. A physician would have to examine you in order to make a diagnosis and advise you. If the lesion is not inflamed, you could have it looked at at your leisure.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 13, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.