NJ

Small hard ball/lump under my skin after c section. it is located above where the incision scar is. im 10 weeks postpartum. doesnt seem to hurt much. what could this be?

Dr. Hishalah Zvulon
21 years experience
Scar: It is difficult to determine without an evaluation. It could be a hypertrophic scar, keloid, and so forth. It is difficult to speculate without visualization. Best thing to do is to schedule a follow up appointment with the surgeon who performed the c-section. Or consider telemedicine. Good thing is that there is no discharge, it is not red and there is no fever. I hope this helps.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 19, 2020