U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 20-year-old female asked:

I have a small lump om the at the top inner of my thigh. it is sore to touch and it feels like a little ball under my skin, help???

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Pediatrics 50 years experience
Boil? lymph node?: The lump in that area could be the starting of an abscess especially since it is sore to touch. It can get bigger and then become an abscess which may require an incision & drainage. if u get yourself checked ASAP then if it is required an antibiotic can be started and no more may need to be done. The doctor also will make sure there are no lesions or infections in the drainage area as a cause.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 17, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.