I added box jumps & hopping up stairs to my workouts. i really enjoy them. i'm 40 & 250 lbs. should i set a limit to prevent injury? doing 5x10 4 days

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Carol Van der Harst answered

Specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

Jumping at a weight of 250 pounds translated to 500 # of force through the knee. This is not a good idea. When you get your weight down to normal there is less concern. Weight training to build muscle will help strength and weight loss. Jumping may be added for sports specific training, or for agility, but not for weight loss. See a professional for personal training if you want help

Answered May 31, 2015

3.8k views