U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old female asked:

Hit with a hockey puck at the mid-medial aspect of my knee(pads).pain when doing stairs,occasional pop when i straighten my leg,mild swelling,can walk?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Felecia Sumner
Family Medicine 11 years experience
Knee injury: Based on the symptoms you described, you may have injured your knee - possibly a ligament or meniscus. To what extent, it is difficult to tell without an appropriate exam and possibly imaging. You should see your doctor to have the proper evaluation. Best wishes.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Contusion: This type of contusion injury may also have caused some internal knee derangement such as a loose body inside the joint. If symptoms persist despite rest,cold alternating with heat applications,liniment,and,if you can take them,NSAIDS, then consult an orthopedic surgeon for diagnosis and treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 16, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.