A member asked:

Fell hard on my knee on concrete. bruising and swelling below knee and extremely painful when i walk especially up and down stairs. should i see doc?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Yes: You could have fractured your kneecap (worst case scenario). If nothing is actually broken you can still have significant pain from the traumatic swelling. It is also possible that you have disrupted a ligament inside the knee. Go to your doctor or an urgent care for exam and possible x-ray.

Answered 3/24/2018


Dr. Ew Christensen answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Knee pain: If ice, compression and rest have not helped, then you should get in to be seen and make sure you do not have a fracture or something else. Good luck.

Answered 8/8/2018



Related Questions