Lakeland, FL

if i wear a , foley catheter for a long time will it cause my bladder to srink. an become wek to wherr i will have no control in holding my urinen?

Dr. James Lin
May be...: The described scenario is unclear why and how long you have indwelling catheter. Indwelling catheter gives convenience of nursing care but makes bladder no opportunity to exercise its filling-emptying recycles; in time, the bladder will shrink just like a elbow on a cast which in time will lose its range of motion. For detail, ask urologist timely.