lost my mom an her mom within 12mths, both from non small cell adenocarcinoma that spread to bones, etc, both smoked, i don't. hereditary? worry?

Dr. Herbert Hoover
50 years experience General Practice
Not likely inherited: Most non small cell lung cancer in smokers is not hereditary but it is possible in your case. The reality is that if you do not smoke, there is nothing further to do except live a healthy lifestyle. I wouldn't worry but if you are concerned, you could ask your physician if they feel that genetic testing should be done or if regular screening spiral ct scans should be done.
Answered on Apr 21, 2014
1