United Kingdom
A male asked:

I have an abscess in the roof of my mouth next to my rear molars, is it likely i will have to have the tooth out, even if the abscess clears?

Dr. Nathaniel Chan
Dentistry 20 years experience
Possibly, but it: Needs to be evaluated by your dentist. You may need a root canal, you may need an extraction, there may be different options.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Needs evaluation: Many teeth are restorable, some are not. Your dentist will have to discuss your options with you.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Palatal Abscess: There is no way to know without personally evaluating the cause of the infection as well as the condition of the teeth and the supporting bone. The sooner you see a dentist, the better the chance of saving the tooth or teeth and preventing the spread of the infection which will cause you even more problems.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Clears?: Abscesses don't clear. You have an infection that will only worsen and spread to other organ systems. Please seek treatment now. The tooth may be salvageable with root canal treatment/crown or replaceable with extraction/implant crown. See a Dentist ASAP.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017