Rockledge, Florida

the bottom of my right eye hurts.. its not swollen. i have no stye just pain.. i rubbed my finger under my eye (the bottom lid) amd thats when it started now it hurts when i blink.. i have a tooth abcess on that side and roof of mouth swelling...

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Abscess: Infected tooth can cause your symptoms. It's an indication that the infection is rapidly spreading. You need professional help immediately. See Dentist ASAP.
Please get this: evaluated Promptly - An abscess can infect adjacent structures. An abscess is serious. It is really important to have this checked out asap.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Infection: Your description seems mostly likely an infection which has started in your abcessed tooth, and has spread from the apex of that tooth into the soft tissue deeper in your face. The symptoms of pain on blinking and tenderness on touching the skin atop the bone at the bottom of the eye socket are typical. You need to see your family doctor, or a dentist to get started on the proper antibiotic .
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Know that antibiotics willow the spread of infection, but will not cure your abscess. Definitive dental treatment (root canal/crown or extraction/implant/crown) is required.
Oct 25, 2017

Last updated Oct 25, 2017