India

hgb 14.3, low mcv 68.7, mch 20.9, mchc 30.4 , normal total iron 149, serum ferritin 133, tibc 351, transferrin 42% what does this result mean? plz help

Dr. Robert Isaacs
Blood count result: Basically everything you mention is normal except the MCV of 68.7. Mcv is a measure of the size of your red cells, and 68.7 means they are smaller than normal. Low iron is a common reason, but your iron results are normal. Follow-up with your doctor to discuss, but one thing to consider would be to get tested for a possible haemoglobin defect such as thalassemia.