South Africa

Injured my ankle and after 2 months it is still inflamed and very painful, i can't point my toes out straight and straighten my ankle, what is it? tnx

Dr. James Dukelow
Podiatry 31 years experience
Can take time: After a couple of months and your ankle still hurts, there are some things to consider: how long was it immobilized, what kind of x-rays have been taken? Ankle sprains can take a while, but you are relating a lot of inflammation. Under normal circumstances, there is bound to be some stiffness, but not so much inflammation. Ankle sprains could also be a "subchondral fracture" of the ankle.
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Podiatry 13 years experience
Ankle injuries: can take a couple months to recover if they are severe. With proper treatment most patients see positive results at 6 weeks. Check in for a follow up to possibly get another xray or even advanced imaging if you continue in pain and without improvements.

Last updated Dec 10, 2016