I have TMJ for 11 yrs I have tried mouthguard that doens't help my orthodontist said i need braces will fix space in my front teeth how is that fixed?

Dr. John Calvert
35 years experience in Dentistry
Braces won't fix TMD: If you are having continued TMJ pain or issues, that needs to be addressed before any orthodontics are done. Braces won't address the TMJ issue, in fact, it can make them worse. If you want braces to close spaces in your teeth, that's great. Get the TMJ issue taken care of first. Find a dentist that has advanced training in treating TMJ disorders.
Answered on Mar 25, 2015