U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Rio Rico, AZ
A 29-year-old male asked:

Need a tooth extracted due to impaction. teeth are rather crooked. can i get an implant or bridge instead of braces? can a spacer hold the spot temp?

4 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kevin Owoc
Dentistry - Prosthodontics 20 years experience
Depends: Depending on the space between the teeth and the position of the tooth roots, dental implants may or may not be an option. A dental bridge may also be possible. If braces are what you truly want, often times an appliance could be made to maintain the 'open' space until you are able to have the implant placed. This will prevent unwanted tooth movement.
Dr. Denny Cho
A Verified Doctoranswered
Dentistry 19 years experience
Bridges can...: Help align the teeth to be straighter, but there are limitations. I would consult with your local dentist to get his/her professional opinion regarding your specific case.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Consider both: Not seeing your problem, can't give definitive answer. Best to consult with your restorative dentist and an orthodontic specialist. Learn about all the options available to you, then pick the one that will give you the best bang for your buck. Good luck.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 46 years experience
See a dentist: There are many questions that you present that cannot be answered without x-rays, a bite alignment evaluation and a thorough exam. I would even possibly get a couple opinions to help you hopefully decide which direction to take.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 22, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.