Albany, GA

are there any ga insurance that covers braces i have tmj tried all treatments doc wants to correct my teeth fix space in my teeth before braces are on?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
TMJ\Ortho: My suggestion would be to first make sure you are in the hands of dentist knowledgeable and experienced treating patients with tmd\tmjoint issues. Get an evaluation and understand causes and treatment first. Your dentist should be able to point you in the right direction regarding treatment and insurance coverage.
Dr. Duane Keller
Dentistry 45 years experience
TMj and Ortho relate: There are some orthodontic techniques that can help improve a jaw relationship to improve TMJ function and there are some that have been shown to make TMJ function worse. You need to find your best functional bite/joint position first (orthotic) and then treatments should maintain this relationship. You need to find this position before irreversible treatments are initiated.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Maybe: Insurance companies don't like to cover TMJ problems. The dental plans state TMJ is "medical" and the medical policies state that the problem is "dental" you have to research the insurance companies plans. Your state dental association may be able to help. But, the most important part of considering TMJ and orthodontic treatment is a very experienced orthodontist in both TMJ and orthodontics.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Age: Most dental insurance sets an age 18-19 limit for Orthodontic coverage. BEFORE orthodontic treatment any infections (cavities, gum disease) must be brought under control. Final restorations, including reshaping teeth, should be done after teeth have been aligned. see an Orthodontist for evaluation and treatment coordination w your Dentist. Ask about payment plans.