would you have a hand or vascular surgeon operate on you if your arm cut to the tendons?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Christopher Bulger
22 years experience Vascular Surgery
Hand surgeon : While both specialities have the ability to do an arterial repair, tendon and nerve repair in the forearm and hand should be seen by a specialist.
Answered on Jun 5, 2014
2
Dr. Kirk Charles
21 years experience Vascular Surgery
Hand: The hand surgeon has the expertise to treat the tendon and nerve injuries that are present. May not be any vascular injuries that a vascular surgeon needs to address. Sometimes both may operate or a hand surgeon may do it all.
Answered on Mar 7, 2016
5
Dr. Randy Hauck
38 years experience Hand Surgery
Hand Surgeon: Hand surgeons are trained to repair anything that is injured in the hand from bones, to tendons, to arteries and veins, to nerves and skin. They may have had primary training in orthopaedics, plastic or general surgery and do extra training on just hand problems.
Answered on Feb 28, 2014
1