my np just called & said that my ultrasound found a polyp & sludge in my gallbladder so i need to come back in 6 months to monitor. i feel like i need more information, but don't know what to ask. ?

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Recheck: If you have tsludge in your gallbladder, you are at increased risk of developing gallstones and acute inflammation of your gallbladder. Your doctor cain advise you of the best options for you.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
If you are not : Having any symptoms, this is probably an incidental finding. If you are having upper abdominal pain following oily or greasy foods, you might need referral to a GI specialist or surgeon. If this is only an incidental finding, not to worry.
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
Do you have pain: Gall bladder polyps smaller ones could be observed if you have a polyp of 2 cm will have higher incidence of cancer , you must know the size of it in order to observe or to remove the gall bladder. If you have no pain young need surgery for sludge , go for a surgical consult.

Last updated Jul 28, 2014