U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old female asked:

I had bladder surgery as a child and have a large scar between my pelvic bones. could this have caused blocked fallopian tubes? ttc for 2 yrs.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Urology 45 years experience
Unlikely: Without knowing the particular type of problem or surgery that you had as a child, in general, it would be quite unusual for uncomplicated urological surgery to be associated with injury to and blockage of your fallopian tubes, especially on both sides. If this is a concern, and no testing has yet been done, consultation with a gynecologist or fertility specialist may be helpful.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 4, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.