I had back surgery in december this was because my previous surgery caused a infection why does the scar burn like fire 1st surgery was to put rods in lower back this caused a bow in my back so he went back in and put longer rods this cause bones in my

Dr. Joy Jackson
I : I am so sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. Obviously you need close follow up with the surgeon in order to address your complaints. As far as the scar burning "like fire", this is likely nerve pain due to nerve damage sustained during the surgery. The nerve will regenerate but this will take time. In the meantime, there are medications aimed at relieving nerve pain (i.E neurontin, (gabapentin) lyrica) please ask your doctor about these medications. I wish you the very best.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016